ARTICLE 1. LEGAL NOTICE
The website www.texplained.com published by the company TEXPLAINED, a limited liability company duly existing and organized under the laws of France, registered with the Trade and Companies Register of GRASSE under the number 790 851 604.
Registered office address: 1, Traverse des BRUCS – 06560 VALBONNE, FRANCE.
Telephone: +33(0) 4 89 68 83 20
SIRET number: 79085160400013
Intra-community VAT number: FR 08790851604
Ms. Clarisse GINET, Managing Director
The website www.texplained.com is hosted by the company OVH, a simplified limited company duly existing and organized under the laws of France, registered with the Trade and Companies Register of LILLE under the number 424 761 419, having its registered office at 2 rue Kellermann 59100 ROUBAIX, Telephone: +33(0)9 72 10 10 07.
ARTICLE 2. PURPOSE OF THE WEBSITE
The website www.texplained.com (the “Website”) is a non-merchant website presenting the activities and services offered by TEXPLAINED. The Website is freely accessible, worldwide, to any person with an internet access. All costs linked to the access to the Website and its contents shall be borne by the visitor.
ARTICLE 3. AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE
The Website is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, subject to the occurrence of force majeure or an event beyond the control of TEXPLAINED and unless interruption, suspension or limitation for maintenance operations and/or updates necessary for the proper functioning of the Website or for any other reason, including a technical reason.
TEXPLAINED makes its best efforts concerning the accessibility, the functioning and/or availability of the website or its contents, without engaging its responsibility in case of suspension, limitation or interruption. TEXPLAINED reserves the right to interrupt, suspend or limit access to all or part of the Website or its contents, due, in particular, to legal or technical constraints.
Anyone visiting the Website expressly acknowledges that interruptions, suspensions or limitations mentioned above may occur at any time, without prior notice, without compensation whatsoever for the benefit of the visitor.
ARTICLE 4. WARRANTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
TEXPLAINED makes its best efforts to keep the Website up-to-date and disseminate reliable, lawful and validated information by competent professionals. However, despite all the care and attention paid to the writing of content and information, TEXPLAINED cannot guarantee the integrity, accuracy, completeness, timeliness or other quality of the information on the Website.
The information published on the Website is provided by TEXPLAINED strictly and exclusively for informative and indicative purposes, without intention to provide any advice or recommendations whatsoever in the field of reverse engineering and security of Integrated Circuits and cannot be interpreted as such.
The visitor of the Website is informed that access to the Website implies knowledge and acceptance of the characteristics and limits of the internet, in particular as regards the technical performances, the response times to consult, interrogate or transfer information, the risks of interruption, and more generally, the risks inherent in any connection and transmission over the internet, the lack of protection of certain data against possible diversions and the risk of contamination by any viruses circulating on the network. It is therefore the responsibility of the visitor of the Website to take all appropriate measures to protect his/her own data and/or software, as well as the information he/she communicates to TEXPLAINED on the Website, against any threat.
The Website is made available “as is” and subject to its availability, without any guarantee of any kind, implicit or explicit, from TEXPLAINED. Without limiting the foregoing, TEXPLAINED does not, in particular, grant any guarantee of non-infringement of third party rights, suitability of the Website or its contents for a particular purpose or adequacy to the visitor’s needs, nor does it guarantee that they are free from anomalies, errors or bugs or that they will work without failure or interruption.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, TEXPLAINED expressly excludes its liability for any direct or indirect damage arising out of or in connection with access to the Website or any of its contents, use, malfunction or unavailability thereof, whatever their nature and duration.
ARTICLE 5. HYPERTEXT LINKS
This Website may contain links to third party websites which are not controlled by TEXPLAINED. TEXPLAINED is in no manner liable for the content of other websites that visitors may access from the Website. When the visitor accesses a website other than that of TEXPLAINED, it does so at its own risk and TEXPLAINED may not be held liable for the accuracy or reliability of the information, data, opinions, advice or statements made on said other website, nor the quality of products or services offered there. TEXPLAINED provides these links only as a convenience and the existence of such links does not imply that TEXPLAINED endorses or accepts any liability for the content or uses of such websites.
The Website authorizes the establishment of a hyperlink pointing to its contents, subject to:
- not using the “deep linking” technique, namely, pages of the Website must not be nested within pages of another website, but accessible through the opening of another window;
- mentioning the source that shall open after clicking on the hypertext link directly from the targeted content;
- information must be used for personal, associative or professional purposes only;
- any use for commercial or advertising purposes is prohibited, unless express agreement of TEXPLAINED;
- such authorizations do not apply to websites displaying information that is controversial, pornographic, incite racial hatred or any form of discrimination or which in general, may be deemed offensive to the general public;
- for other uses, please contact TEXPLAINED.
ARTICLE 6. SOCIAL NETWORKS
The Website uses the plug-ins of the following social networks:
When the visitor interacts with these plug-ins, his/her browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of the corresponding social network. The content of the plug-in is immediately transmitted by his/her browser to the social network and saved on its servers. By integrating this plug-in, the social network is informed that the visitor has visited the Website. It can thus associate his/her navigation on the Website to his/her user account of this social network. If the visitor does not want the social network to collect his/her personal data through the Website and link it to his/her user account, the visitor must disconnect from the social network before visiting the Website. If the visitor not a member of the social network, it is possible that it retrieves and records his/her personal data and, in particular, his/her IP address.
In any case, TEXPLAINED has no control over the exact content of the data thus collected. The use of plug-ins is exclusively operated by the social networks and governed by their general conditions of use, which the visitor is invited to read.
ARTICLE 7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Website, its general structure and all its contents are protected by intellectual property rights (in particular copyright, trademark law, patent law, database producers’ right, domain names and all other existing or future intellectual property rights, French and international) and belong to TEXPLAINED or to third parties having authorized TEXPLAINED to exploit them. All such rights are expressly reserved.
TEXPLAINED does not assign or grant any right on the Website and its contents to the visitor, except for a personal right of access, free and non-exclusive, limited exclusively to the private consultation of the Website and its contents.
Any reproduction, representation, use or adaptation in any form whatsoever, of all or part of said elements without prior written consent of TEXPLAINED, is strictly prohibited. Reproduction of the pages of the Website on paper (printing) is permitted for strictly private and non-commercial use only. Reproduction of all or part of the Website on an electronic medium is prohibited. The fact that TEXPLAINED does not initiate proceedings upon becoming aware of the unauthorized use does not constitute acceptance of said uses or waiver of legal proceedings.
It is strictly forbidden to, without the express written authorization of TEXPLAINED:
- Reproduce, distribute, transmit, publish, allow access by a link or hyperlink, or modify, adapt or correct the Website in any manner whatsoever;
- Sell, publish, display, disclose or make available to any third party the Website content made available by TEXPLAINED;
- Perform reverse engineering, decompiling or disassembling the Website content, except as expressly authorized by law;
- Use or copy the Website content by any manner which is not expressly authorized by TEXPLAINED;
- Lease, lend or use the Website content with the objective of sharing it or making it available to third parties hereto;
- Publish any test or analysis or evaluation of performance relative to the Website content without prior written permission;
- Access the source codes of the software characterizing the Website.
The names and logos of TEXPLAINED, as well as the names of the products and services offered by TEXPLAINED on the Website are registered trademarks of TEXPLAINED. Any representation, reproduction and/or exploitation, total or partial, of these signs and logos, of any nature whatsoever, is totally prohibited.
Any breach of the present clause would expose the offender and any responsible person to criminal and civil penalties provided by law, including damages for infringement of intellectual property rights.
ARTICLE 8. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
TEXPLAINED is concerned about the protection of the personal data of the visitors of its Website and undertakes to protect them in accordance with applicable regulations and in particular the Regulation (EU) No. 2016/679 of April 27th, 2016 called “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR” and the French Law No. 78-17 of January 6th, 1978, as modified by the Law No. 2018-493 of June 20th, 2018 and Ordinance No. 2018-1125 of December 12th, 2018, called “Loi Informatique et Libertés”.
When collecting the visitor’s personal data, TEXPLAINED operates a processing of personal data for which it is qualified as “controller”, within the meaning of the aforementioned texts. As such, TEXPLAINED undertakes to comply at all times with the requirements of the regulations applicable to the protection of personal data and to treat the visitor’s personal data only under the conditions set out below.
TEXPLAINED collects visitor’s personal data for the purposes of (i) sending newsletters, (ii) answering his/her requests and needs addressed via the contact form on the Website or by telephone and (iii) compile statistics about its Website and the products and services offered therein.
TEXPLAINED collects the following personal data: name, surname, professional address email, name of the company, position of the visitor in the company, professional telephone number. The mandatory or optional nature of the data entry is specified during collection, by the use of an asterisk in margin of the required data. The mandatory communication of some of visitor’s personal data is necessary for TEXPLAINED to implement the purposes specified above. Optional data allows TEXPLAINED to get to know the visitor better in order to address more precisely his/her needs.
TEXPLAINED stores visitor’s personal data for a period of three (3) years. In the event TEXPLAINED and the visitor enter into a contractual relationship, visitor’s data will be kept for the duration necessary for the execution of such contractual relationship. The data are then archived, in a secured manner, during the period of statute of limitations for evidence purposes for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Visitor’ personal data is strictly confidential and intended exclusively for TEXPLAINED. Except legal or judicial obligation to do so, TEXPLAINED will never divulge, assign, rent or transmit visitor’s personal data to third parties other than the host of the Website, as mentioned in the legal notices above for the purposes of performing technical services of hosting and database management and only in the contractual conditions signed between the host and TEXPLAINED that cannot derogate from this article.
TEXPLAINED ensures the security and integrity of visitor’s personal data. As such, TEXPLAINED implements and maintains technical and organizational security measures of the Website and its information system adapted to the nature of the personal data and the risks presented by their processing. These measures are intended to (i) protect personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, and (ii) restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
The visitor has, at any time, the following on his/her personal data:
- Right of access; obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him/her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and information regarding their processing;
- Right to rectification: obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him/her. Have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement;
- Right to erasure: obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him/her without undue delay where the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- Right to restriction of processing: obtain from the controller restriction of processing where the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to data portability: receive the personal data concerning him/her, which the visitor has provided to TEXPLAINED, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided;
- Right to object: right to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning him/her, in particular when the processing concerns commercial prospection, including profiling;
- Right to withdraw his/her consent for the future processing of his/her personal data;
- Right to lodge a complaint: right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of his/her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if the visitor considers that the processing of his/her personal data by TEXPLAINED infringes the applicable regulations.
The visitor may exercise his/her rights at any time by contacting TEXPLAINED by letter sent to TEXPLAINED – 1, Traverse des BRUCS – 06560 VALBONNE; by phone at +33 (0)4 89 68 83 20, or by e-mail by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARTICLE 9. COOKIES CONFIGURATION
The information collected through cookies is solely and strictly for TEXPLAINED, in compliance with the regulations applicable to the protection of personal data. They are never transmitted to third parties.
TEXPLAINED uses functioning cookies necessary to operate the Website properly. The visitor may set his/her web browser settings to block the use of these cookies, but in such a case, the ease of online surfing, loading of web pages, and the implementation of some applications may be altered. These cookies do not store information that personally identifies the visitor.
In order to track and analyze the traffic on the Website, TEXPLAINED uses the Google Analytics cookie. This cookie offers the possibility to differentiate the visitors and make statistics of use of the Website by the visitors, such as, the number of pages visited, the frequency, duration and recurrence of the visits. The use of this cookie is limited to the duration of the session with an automatic deletion when the visitor leaves the Website. The Visitor may set his/her browser to automatically accept this cookie or disable it.
The cookie instructions for the most commonly used browsers are available at the following links:
- Windows Internet Explorer®
- Mozilla Firefox®
- Google Chrome®
- Apple Safari®(iPhone;iPad)
- Apple Safari® (Mac)
- Deactivation of Google Analytics
In accordance with applicable regulations on data protection, the visitor may, at any time, object the registering of cookies. This right may be exercise under the same conditions as abovementioned in article 8.
ARTICLE 10. CONTACT
For any information concerning the Website and its contents, you can contact TEXPLAINED by post at the following address: TEXPLAINED, 1 Traverse des BRUCS – 06560 VALBONNE, FRANCE, or by email at the following address: email@example.com