> Return to Abous Us: Hardware security
- Invasive Attacks evaluation
- Memory dump and/or debug chain unlocking
- Embedded Code review and/or scan chain analysis
- Identification of potential weaknesses / Non- and Semi- Invasive Attacks strategy creation
- Non- and Semi- Invasive Attacks evaluation
2. The layout: the level of difficulty to perform the attack is assessed as this one is deeply linked to the physical architecture of the core. Texplained security assessments aim at finding potential weaknesses but also rank those regarding their potential exploitation and their feasibility level. This approach ensures that the entire digital core is actually examined at different levels.
3. Then, if applicable, the attack can be tested in real life which gives some more elements regarding the difficulty of the circuit edit, the associated micro-probing or the potential processing of the acquired signals. This type of evaluation can be performed by seeing the IC as a black box. Such a methodology brings a considerable benefit: by repeating a real world attack scenario we optimize the coverage of the full threat landscape to the chip. Our methodology is described in downloadable document “Texplained Security Analysis Methodology”.